Today’s Tech News (FAVS) Pick is “Windows Latest”… Below you will find a sampling of news headlines (auto-updated daily) that are currently posted on their web site. You can conveniently follow the daily headlines of “Windows Latest” by revisiting this page.
— Rick @ Tech News Favs …
- Windows 11 KB5017389 is the first optional preview update for version 22H2 and it’s rolling out to the public with many improvements. The patch is rolling out via WU, but Microsoft has also published direct download links for Windows 11 KB5017389 offline installers on the Update Catalog. KB5017389 is not a mandatory update for Windows […]
- Windows 11’s taskbar is built from scratch and many features are still missing, such as the ability to change its location or a full-fledged right-click menu housing all your favourite customization options. As a result, the taskbar also doesn’t come with the context menu shortcut for Task Manager. While you can still right-click on the […]
- File Explorer is really powerful and it’s also getting support for tabs later this year via Windows 11 22H2’s second update, but it’s far from perfect and it can get things wrong, especially when you try to delete files in use by another program. File Explorer’s feature prevents users from deleting a file or folder […]
- We’ve known for a while that Microsoft is working on a new web-based app for the Outlook experience on Windows 11 and Windows 10. The project dubbed ‘Project Monarch’ aims to create ‘One Outlook’ for all desktop platforms and it supports work/school as well as personal accounts. Starting today, anyone in the Office Insider program […]
- According to many users on social media platforms and individual reports received by us, Spotify – the popular streaming app – was automatically installed on Windows 10 and Windows 11 computers without warning. We don’t know if this was an intentional decision by Microsoft or a bug, but the app also started on startup for […]
- If you’re tech-savvy, you’re probably aware of the Media Creation Tool – an extremely useful Windows tool that lets you upgrade a PC. As the name suggests, the purpose of the Media Creation Tool is to help you force upgrade the PC or build a USB flash media drive for a clean install of Windows […]
- Microsoft has now started rolling out Android apps to mainstream users in 31 additional countries. Android app support was first added to the operating system in February, but it was previously limited to the United States and Japan. On September 27, Microsoft started pushing Android apps to users in the UK and Europe, and users […]
- There is now a fix for the performance problems encountered on Nvidia machines after upgrading to Windows 11 22H2. In a statement, an Nvidia spokesperson confirmed a Windows 11 2022 Update feature was getting accidentally triggered and it caused performance issues in certain apps or games. As Windows 11 2022 Update continues to roll out […]
- The first official stable build of Windows 11 22H2 dropped last week, and since then, we’ve been checking the operating system to find out what’s next coming in the Moment 1 / first big update for version 22H2 itself. For those unaware, Microsoft is known for hiding features in Windows which are later enabled via […]
- Windows 11 version 22H2 is rolling out in phases and it appears to be pretty stable for most users if you ignore the performance issues experienced on Nvidia hardware. However, a new issue has come to light and it could crash affected machines with a Blue Screen of Death error. This issue is caused by […]
Tech News Favs is a great way to find the very latest in technology news, tutorials, software, downloads, how-tos, problem solving tips, tech deals and MORE…
(featuring hundreds of NEW headlines daily)
Be sure to subscribe!
Thank you for visiting…